This is a very brief summary of some free tools that you can bring together to create screencasts on a Windows computer. We have a YouTube video about this:
Links to the software mentioned in the video are below:
- Camstudio – record a screencast
- Xvid – an mpeg4 codec to create smaller video files
- ZoomIt – screen magnification tool
- HandBrake – transcode video files, in particular AVI to mpeg4
CamStudio will save videos as AVI files by default. The Xvid codec will be available inside CamStudio so video files can be saved directly with compression. You may want to save the AVI files without compression, or you can use the CamStudio lossless codec for a bit of compression. This will allow you to do video editing without loss of video quality. For uploading to YouTube, you will likely want to create a video that is significantly smaller than an AVI, and HandBrake works well for this.
Here are some helpful resources:
- CamStudio 2.7 HowTo Tutorial – YouTube video by Terry Leigh Britton
- Copying CamStudio 2.0 Help Files to 2.6 and 2.7 – install the help files from CamStudio 2 into 2.7
- CamStudio forum – CamStudio user forum
- Windows Magnifier – magnification tool, this is one of the Windows Ease of Access tools
CamStudio doesn’t include video editing tools, but for short single take videos, this set of free software seems to work very well.
Thanks for post!
To become an independent person might be an excellent option for individuals in their job program who seek greater freedom and independence. So you may become the master of https://onlinefreelancejobs.net/c-plus-plus-job/ spare time while you work for us and get as much work you can do with your family and friends without any burden on your personal time.
Camtasio Studio really work?
Good afternoon, I am not familiar with Camtasio Studio at all. I work as a video editor and before that I always used rip DVD to MP4 to convert video formats, but now I decided to look for something new. Please tell me, can Camtasio convert video from DVD to MP4 and do I need to download plugins for this?